By disclosing personal information to us in person, on the telephone or via our website, customers consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner set out in this policy.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about how we use your data, please contact us using the details in the footer of this website.
To provide our online ticketing service, cookie technology may be used whereby small pieces of information are stored in your Internet browser.
Cookies are small files sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc. They are used by most websites in various ways, including enabling you to login and personalising your online experience. See the full section of Cookies below for more information.
Information we obtain independently from you
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example other arts organisations that ID: BABYLON works with. These independent organisations will only do so when it is required to complete a contract and/or when you have given your consent. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process and safeguard your data.
Third Party Organisations
We may combine information you have given to us with this additional information available from external sources. This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data hygiene file such as National Change of Address file and cleanse our file of inaccurate data. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
We may collate and use information found in the public domain for business purposes. For example information held by Companies House or information that has been published in online articles or newspapers.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
- When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
- Depending on your relationship with ID: BABYLON, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to fulfil contractual agreements (with parties including but not limited to supplier, employees, artists, and visiting companies), ticket purchases, merchandise, donation and membership requests.
- to send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- information about products, services or events related to ID: BABYLON, such as exhibitions, events, or retail offers. These could be at any site where we programme and run activities.
- news and updates about ID: BABYLON and marketing or supporter e-newsletters.
- other relevant communications based upon your relationship with ID: BABYLON
We will contact you based on ‘legitimate interest’. I.E where the data we hold on you indicates you might be interested in something else we are promoting or sharing information about. For example, if you have booked for an event in the past and told us you are happy to receive marketing emails, we might contact you about a future events.
How we protect your data
We understand that your personal information and privacy are important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes.
We protect your personal information and adhere to all current EU legislation with respect to protecting privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with third parties. The information you provide will be used primarily to protect your purchases and attendance at events and also keep you informed about the activities of ID: BABYLON.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details outlined in this notice.
Our website uses a limited number of cookies to store information on your computer when you are using it.
Cookies are small files sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc. They are used by most websites in various ways, including enabling you to login, shop online, and personalising your online experience. They also allow a website to function and provide website operators with information on how the site is being used.
On our website
- Helping us understand how people are using and navigating our website and identify any problems with the website.
- Recording activity during a visitor’s website session to know when someone clicks the cookies banner, and clicks any other interactive elements on the site.
- Managing a visitor’s experience on the website, including preferences around dismissing the cookie pop-up and any pop-up messages on the site.
- Improving the loading speed and security of the site.
- Enabling you to share links to pages on social networks like Twitter and Facebook
- Tracking a visitor’s session to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our website. This information is also shared with Google Analytics, which is anonymised data to help us understand how the website is being used and improve it.
- Data stored by google analytics includes how many people have visit our website, what type of device (e.g phone / laptop / tablet) they are using, how long they stayed on the site and on which pages, how they found us (e.g. Facebook link or google search), and whether they are a new or repeat visitor.
- You can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pay sales commissions
Change your cookie settings in your web browser
- You may wish to amend your cookie settings on your device. You can do so in the settings, options or preferences sections of your chosen web browser.
- If you disable cookies on your device, some areas of our website may note work as they should and some content and features will be unavailable.
If you would like any further information, please use the contact details in the footer of this website to get in touch.